Join us for the Distillation Writathon where you are tasked with writing more digestible versions of existing literature in AI safety research and theory!
See the information document for up-to-date information on the event, e.g. how the top projects are selected.
You have multiple options for questions to attempt to distill!
- Pick a question from our idea sheet to work on
- Take one from the full list of questions on Coda, if it has a status of “Not started”, “In progress”, or “Bulletpoint sketch”
- Think of a new question (but first ask in the #distillation-hackathon channel on Discord if it’s a good fit for the site)
- Use a keyword to find another question already in the system. For example, if you want to see if there’s a question in progress about Cartesian frames:
- Go to aisafety.info
- Search for "cartesian frames"
- Click “I’m asking something else” when no live articles show up
- Click on the “edit” button next to one of the in-progress articles that show up to go to the doc
- Friday, June 16th, 7am UTC: Participants may start!
- Sunday, June 18th, 11pm UTC: Wrap-up Discord/GatherTown group call
- If you write articles in the course of the write-a-thon, and if you write on Stampy in general, your contributions are released under a permissive copyright.