Spirit of Hackathon
Our hope is that hackathons are places of communal thinking, interaction and socializing. We expect attendees to embody this spirit and not engage in harmful or antisocial behaviors that go against this spirit. This applies to online behavior but also to in person interactions during our hackathons. By participating in Alignment Jam, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct in its entirety.
Treat all participants, organizers, and volunteers with respect. Discrimination, harassment, or any form of mistreatment is strictly prohibited.
This is a team event. Share ideas, provide constructive feedback, and remember that the best solutions come from the synergy of diverse perspectives.
Be honest in your dealings and communications. The aim is to foster innovation and learning, not to deceive or game the system.
Harassment: Includes but is not limited to offensive comments related to gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, or religion.
- Trolling: Deliberately disrupting discussions, talks, or events.
- Violence or Threats: Any form of violence, including intimidation or threats, is unacceptable.
- Plagiarism: Presenting someone else's work as your own is strictly against the rules.
- Unauthorized Access: Attempting to hack into or disrupt the event's infrastructure, including the online platforms used, is prohibited.
Independent Locations and Online Spaces
Alignment Jam events may be hosted at various independent locations and online platforms, each managed by independent organizers. While we may not have direct control over every individual site, all organizers and participants at these locations are required to adhere to this Code of Conduct.
Apart Research and Alignment Jams Liability
Apart Research, Alignment Jam and all organizers, speakers and judges will do our best to enforce this code of conduct. They will not be held liable for any infringement of this Code or other local, national or international laws.
Local Organizers' Responsibilities
- Local Compliance: Ensure that your event complies with local laws and regulations, in addition to this Code of Conduct.
- Safety Measures: Take appropriate safety measures to ensure the well-being of all participants. This includes emergency procedures and security protocols.
- Reporting Mechanism: Establish a clear mechanism for participants to report Code of Conduct violations at your location, and ensure that these are reported back to the central Alignment Jam team.
- Inclusivity: Make every effort to ensure your space is inclusive and accessible to all, including but not limited to participants with disabilities.
Participant Responsibilities at Independent Locations
- Local Rules: In addition to this Code of Conduct, adhere to any supplemental rules or guidelines provided by local organizers.
- Respect Local Culture: Be mindful and respectful of local customs and cultural norms.
- Report Violations: If you experience or witness any behavior that violates this Code of Conduct, please report it immediately to a local event organizer or use our anonymous reporting form.
If you experience or witness any behavior that violates this Code of Conduct, please report it immediately to an event organizer or use our anonymous reporting form. All reports will be handled confidentially.
Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct may result in your removal from the event without a refund or prizes, banning from future events, and/or reporting to local authorities.
This Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by the Alignment Jam organizing team and is binding upon all attendees from the date of publishing.
Let's make this a memorable, impactful, and safe event for everyone involved.
Thank you for your cooperation.